Date of Creation: Aug 2018
- Customer Information, being personal information relating to our Customers and (where applicable) their businesses. We collect this information so that we can provide our Services to those Customers and maintaining records and contact details relating to those Services and Customers. This policy sets out how Regen processes your information as a Customer.
In using our Services, you provide us with the following information which we store securely:
Account and profile information
- Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number and country
- Profile information such as a username and job role
- Billing information such as Company name, address and billing address
- Information about your farm, business or operation that is required to be collected for the purposes of setting up and delivering Regen Services
- Preferences information such as notification and marketing preferences
We also store information you uploaded through our Services, including:
- Data collected from on farm sensors that you have given us permission to access
- Information about your farm and business, like size, irrigator types and other details required for our Services to be delivered
We ask for and collect personal information from you when you submit web forms on our websites or when you participate in any interactive features of our Services, participate send an email to email@example.com or call our 0800 number and request customer support, download reports, communicate with us via third party social media sites, or otherwise communicate with us.
Other General Information we come to know about you, your business or your operation
During the course of working with you, we may come to learn things about you, your business or your farming operation. This extra knowledge is not required for us to execute our obligations under our services agreement with you and as such, is not recorded in our systems or saved in any documents.
This information is simply “known” to our staff and not used in any way. We consider this to be your private information and will not divulge it to any 3rd parties without your consent, should the situation arise that any of this knowledge becomes useful for any decision-making about the services we deliver to you under our service agreement.
Examples of this type of knowledge could be:-
You mention to a Regen staff member that you are thinking of increasing your herd, or upgrading your irrigation system or changing irrigation practices, or installing an Effluent pond etc.
This also includes any information you share with Regen regarding any bio-hazard risk present on your farm.
What other information do we collect?
We collect analytics information when you use our Services to help us improve our products and services. We are always aiming to make Regen a better experience for retailers and customers alike, and your information really helps us to do this! This analytics information consists of the function and feature of the Regen Service being used, and the Customer's Regen subdomain name (or similar), the username and IP address of the individual who is using the function or feature (which will include any personal information incorporated into the username), and other information needed to detail the operation of the function and the parts of the Services that are being affected.
Analytics information derived from operational data
Analytics information also consists of data we collect as a result of running queries against Operational Data across our user base for the purposes of generating Usage Data. "Usage Data" is aggregated data about a category or group of features, services, or users that is not of itself personal information. It is also data about our Customers and their business. We may incidentally come across sensitive or personal information when we compile Usage Data.
Cookies, web beacons and other tracking technology
Information from third party services
HOW REGEN USES YOUR INFORMATION
We are continually striving to improve Regen. Being able to identify how farmers are using our product plays a big part in helping us to make our software better. We may use information about you for purposes such as:
- Enabling you to access and use our Services
- Displaying historical sale information
- Measuring, customising and improving the Services and developing new products
- Sending to you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and information requested by you
- Investigating and preventing fraudulent transactions, unauthorised access to Services, and other illegal activities
- Sending you information about us, our Services, or general promotions for business partner campaigns and services. You can unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving these communications at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any email we send you
Where we need your personal information for any other purposes, it will be obvious from the circumstances as to the purposes for which we require that personal information from you.
SHARING & DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
When you use the Services, we may share your information only as described below:
Regen blogs, forums and wikis
Our websites may offer publicly accessible community services such as blogs, Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. Your posts may remain even after you cancel your account. To request removal of your personal information from a Regen community service, please contact us using the information listed below. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to and why.
Service providers, business partners and others
We use and work with third party service providers and our trusted Business Partners to provide application development, hosting, website, infrastructure, maintenance, backup, payment processing, customer relationship management, marketing, accounting, human resources, business intelligence and analytics, data enrichment, customer support and other services for us. These service providers may have access to or process your information for the purpose of providing those services for us. Please note that you are providing your information to these third parties acting on behalf of Regen. These third parties are located in countries which may be outside of your location.
We also share your contact information with select trusted Business Partners, such as our partners who integrate with Regen services, to enable them to contact you about their services (as they relate to your Regen Services).
Third parties you authorise
You can give third parties access to you and your end users’ information on the Services. For example, you may wish to offer your farm advisor or farm manager access to your Regen Services via a log in to FarmWeb. While Regen can create logs of who had accessed the Services and when, Regen is not responsible for what is done with any information harvested by those people during those online sessions.
Social media widgets
Compliance with laws and protection of rights
In certain situations, we may be required to use and disclose your information (including personal information) to a third party if we believe the disclosure is reasonably necessary:
- To comply with any applicable law, legal process (for example, subpoenas and warrants) or governmental request
- To protect the property, rights, and safety of Regen, our Customers or the public from harm or illegal activities
- For fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, customer support, product development or debugging purposes
- To protect the rights, property or personal safety of Regen, its users or members of the public
- To establish or exercise our legal rights or defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations
Non-identifying or aggregated data
We may share aggregated or other non-personal information that does not directly identify you with third parties in order to improve our Services.
Your Choices and Privacy Rights
Updating your Personal Information via the Services: You may access, change, or correct information about you by making a request to us via our 0800 support number or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, in which case we may need to verify your identity before granting access or otherwise changing or correcting your information.
Account information and deactivating your account
If you wish to deactivate your Regen account, you may do so emailing us at email@example.com and we will follow our terms and condition of service cancellation as detailed in our “Terms of Agreement” Contract you signed when agreeing to use Regen Services.
Opting out of promotional communications
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Regen by using the unsubscribe link within each email or contacting us via our home page or sales team. Even after you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive transactional messages from us regarding Services (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, technical and security notices).
Children’s use of the services
Services are not directed to individuals under 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at the address listed below.
We have adopted technical, administrative and physical procedures to collect, manage, maintain and store information in a manner designed to help protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, and alteration. Unfortunately, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers.
Where data is transferred over the Internet as part of the Services, the data is encrypted using industry standard TLS (HTTPS).
Where we process your Customer Information, we retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (in connection with the purposes set out above. For Information about how long any of our Customers retain your personal information, please contact that Customer.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Do You Have Questions?
L2, 50 The Terrace