At Regen, you’ll work with a committed development team on award winning agricultural technology. We work out of a great open plan space in central Wellington and have a diverse team of tech’s, scientists and customer support for you to work with.
Graduate/Junior Software Developer/Data Wrangler
Regen is a growing agtech company providing automated decision support tools to farmers to efficiently manage water, nitrogen and effluent.
Regen is progressing a research and development project to deliver a new product to market. The project is at the stage where a prototype to be built to test data sources and algorithms and reporting outputs with our in-house product development team and our clients. A separate project involves testing and developing concepts within our business.
Job title:Software Developer/Data Wrangler
- Work with subject matter experts to understand and implement the models and algorithms
- Work with the research and development teams to develop a prototype
- Manage and transport existing data into the prototype (using APIs, ftp, csv etc)
- Simple front-end implementation and report generation to display data groups in digestible format for the client (e.g. web interfaces, dashboards etc)
- Enable the research team to compare various scenarios transparently
- Documenting your work
Skills required (work experience a bonus):
- Knowledge of programming/scripting (e.g. Python / Go / Perl)
- Experience working with relational databases
- Experience cleansing and transforming real-world data into a suitable form for further analysis.
- Analytic capability, with the ability to integrate team efforts to achieve goals and overall program activities into the wider business
- Able to communicate effectively with our development team and the wider business
- Self-motivated and able to work efficiently with support from the development team
- Familiar with time series data, random distribution data sets, data combinations and correlations and time series modelling.
- Experienced working with at least one modern web framework (e.g. Spring)
- Understanding of machine learning and image recognition for inclusion into development models
Reporting to: Science and Product Lead with supervision from development team
Timeframe: 6-12 month contract (fulltime or negotiable)
Start date: Beginning of May 2018
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
To apply, email your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org