Current Position Available...
Commercial & Strategic Business Development – South Island
Regen is seeking a sales professional with a consultative and solutions focus to join our growing agri-tech company in Canterbury.
About the Role
If you are passionate about the agricultural sector and the environment this role presents the opportunity to contribute to the ongoing development of both. You will be presenting solutions and services that are scientific, scalable and offer real savings to new clients. Your interest in the environment balanced with an understanding of the business challenges facing the sector will enable you to engage with them in a consultative and solutions focused manner.
This role is responsible for growing the Regen business in the South Island with a focus on the key areas of Canterbury, Otago & Southland. The successful candidate will have the ability and skills to sell our solutions to individual farmers, trusts and corporate entities. The market for our services is significant and we offer a long-term scalable solution to our target market. Utilising your understanding of the sales process you will evaluate the marketplace and target early adopter type clients while building a longer term pipeline of prospects
To be successful you will have an understanding of the Canterbury and wider South Island rural sector. Ideally you will have a background in a client facing/sales role in farm management, advisory, consulting, accounting, financial services or agribusiness services. This is a consultative role that requires a strong level of empathy and ability to explore your clients pain points and thinking.
We are seeking an autonomous, self-starter who is seeking to develop their career in the provision of solutions to the primary sector. You will be reporting to our CEO and have the full support of the CEO, Commercial Director and the reciprocal role in the North Island. You will become the face of Regen in the South Island and will represent us at trade events and field-days, while building relationships with influencers and advisors.
Regen is a growing agri-tech company with the purpose to improve the economic and environmental outcomes and sustainability of farming.
Our product set delivers accurate, science-based recommendations on Water and Effluent irrigation and Nitrogen use as a software as a service (SaaS) to farmers. This enables farmers to ensure there are optimising their soil conditions and pasture growth, while minimising water use and nutrient leaching into our waterways. Regen has a large concentration of clients in the Canterbury region, and a growing base in the Waikato.
Key scope for the position:
- Validating the South Island market and identifying prospective clients for our services
- Develop a sales plan and where appropriate an account plan for specific prospects/accounts
- Develop a pipeline of opportunities and manage these prospects through the sales cycle
- Contribute to our strategic and financial planning by providing accurate sales reporting & projections
- Record and update all prospecting and sales activity in the designated CRM system.
- Remain informed and aware of Regens competitors and be able to position our value proposition above those competitors
- Establish a presence as the face of Regen across the South Island by attending trade meetings, industry events and establishing relationships with key influencers in our target sectors
- Support the Client Service team to ensure correct setup of client data and account details
A bit about the type of person we think would suit the role:
- You will be capable of qualifying prospects, managing them through the sales cycle and delivering sales.
- You will be a confident, assertive and motivated person and pride yourself in your ability to build great relationships with current and potential customers.
- You will have be comfortable engaging with individual farmers and corporate managers with an ability to adapt your style to suit the circumstances.
- Comfortable in answering enquiries from a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- You will share our values around improving sustainable, environmental and economic outcomes for farmers
Reporting to: C.E.O
Full-Time: based in Canterbury
Start date: Start date: Mid Jan 2019
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
To apply, email your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org